Above and beyond solving these compatibility issues, we recommend Office 365 because of the additional services you get as part of the service.
Microsoft also continues to add new features/applications to Office 365 every month, unlike Google, and the suite now consists of:
Exchange for Email – Your Inbox, calendar, contacts and tasks will be the same across all your computer and mobile devices with Exchange. You only have to handle things once, no matter where you are. No more deleting emails on your work PC and still having them on your mobile or home PC. Exchange also lets you share your email, calendar and contacts with other members of your team.
SharePoint for File Sharing
– SharePoint was originally an Intranet service but now it allows you to easily share files as well. It’s a secure place to store, organize, share, and access information from any device. SharePoint can also be used as a traditional file share and has a suite of full document management features like permissions, version control and a document check-in/check-out feature that’s very helpful in avoiding editing conflicts in multi-site businesses.
- Planner helps teams organize their work, with the ability to create new plans, organize and assign tasks, set due dates and update the status. Planner’s visual dashboards and email notifications help keep managers informed on the overall progress your team is making, or not making, with their assigned work.
– Microsoft Teams helps team members achieve more together. It allows chat based conversations and drag and drop file sharing. Team members can even work on Office documents right within the app. Aside from chats, Microsoft Teams also supports video calls and video conferencing.
Bookings – Microsoft Bookings allows you to create a link your customers can use to create an appointment with you. As its integrated with your calendar it won’t create double bookings. It’ll help save you time and your customers will find it a more convenient way of creating an appointment.
- Skype for Business – Skype for Business allows an Office 365 user the ability to video conference with other users, in and outside of Office 365. Our customers have used this for webinars, team meetings and investor conferences.
PowerBI – Power BI is the easiest way to graph and visualize data we’ve ever seen. Way easier than Crystal Reports it’s easily integrated with other services that have a good API, like Xero. We’re using it ourselves and the more we use it the more we like it.
- PowerApps – PowerApps are a drag and drop way to develop forms for viewing and editing your data. You can use PowerApps to replace any paperwork you have with a digital equivalent. One example of where we’ve used this was to create a vehicle pre-start checklist. Any defects in the vehicle were immediately logged back to the head office for further action.
- Flow – Create automated workflows between your favourite apps and services to get notifications, synchronize files, collect data, and more. Flow allows you to react to an event in one service and do something with the data from that event in another. For example, we’ve used it to automatically extract and store email attachments into a SharePoint folder.
Forms – Forms allows users to create quizzes, surveys, questionnaires, registrations and more. You can invite others to complete forms via a link and Forms are embeddable in your website. You can view results in real-time and data can be easily exported to Excel. Teachers can create quizzes, including defining the right answers and students get real-time feedback.
Connections – A simple-to-use email marketing service. Connections helps you create, send and track your emails to customers. It’s brand new so we’re still working out what this does but it looks like a replacement for Mailchimp.
Listings – Microsoft Listings makes it easy to publish and manage your business listing on Facebook, Google, Bing and Yelp. Getting your business listed online is a great way to be discovered by prospective customers, but it can be time consuming to set up your online presence, keep information like business hours up-to-date and monitor performance across sites. Listings is brand new and will hopefully make that job easier
Invoicing – A simple invoicing service that allows you to create, edit and sending invoices while on the go. Sync’s with QuickBooks Online and Paypal for payments, this service is great for businesses just starting up.
MileIQ – If you drive a personal car for work purposes such as customer sales visits, partner meetings or trade conferences, you know that tracking and reporting your miles for tax deduction or expense reimbursement can be a hassle. MileIQ is a mileage tracking app on iOS and Android with automatic drive detection and mileage logging, easy one-swipe classification as business or personal, and comprehensive reporting.
Outlook Customer Manager – Automatically organizes customer information—such as emails, meetings, calls, notes, files, tasks, deals and deadlines—in a timeline next to your inbox. Outlook Customer Manager gives you a complete view of your interactions with each customer, right from inside Outlook.
ToDO – An intelligent task management app that makes it easy to plan and manage your day. Microsoft To-Do helps you create a list for anything—for work, home projects or just your groceries and accessible from any device. Whereas Microsoft Planner is all about teams and groups, ToDo is a personal tool just for you.
Sway – Sway is a presentation app that allows you to create and share interactive reports, presentations, newsletters, personal stories, and more. Great for presentations when you can’t be in front of the customer.
StaffHub – Microsoft StaffHub lets workers and their managers use their mobile devices to manage schedules and keep in touch. Employees can use StaffHub to request time off, trade shifts and requesting management approval for the change, and communicate with other employees. Managers can use StaffHub to send messages, create schedules, and send team news or company announcements. Microsoft StaffHub is ideal for anyone managing shift work.